The Instant Goddess household is feeling festive…the chocolate advent calendars have arrived (thank you Mummy dearest in the UK); I’ve also managed to purchase one of the few remaining Candy Coloured Countdown Advent Calendars by Benefit (thank you Through the Looking Glass for giving me the vital heads up before they sold out in HK) and I have to admit, I’m probably more excited about opening up my Benefit goodies than chowing down on the super deluxe Lindt chocs (sorry Mum!), but this certainly is shaping up to be a very, fine and decadent Advent… oh and the Christmas Tree is on order (almost).
So, what with the advent of Advent and all things festive, this week Instant Goddess has been asking herself, can a Christmas jumper be cool? You decide….
Top left: New Look Santa Jumper $378.64 from ASOS ; Top right: ASOS jumper with Snowflake patch on elbow $333.34; Bottom left: Jane Norman Santa Baby jumper $462 (approx.) from House of Fraser and Bottom right: Warehouse sequin robin jumper $510 (approx.) from House of Fraser
And what will Mr Instant Goddess be wearing? I amused myself greatly with this one (currently on order from ASOS due to arrive any day now…but shhhh(!) don’t tell him as it’s a SURPRISE!).
Oh the razzle and dazzle!
And of course, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a razzle, dazzle party outfit on order. Instant Goddess is loving the emergence of the glam jumpsuit… think rich opulent fabrics with all that sparkles be it glitter or sequin.
From left to right: Eku playsuit £130 (approx. $1580) Virgos Lounge, Glitter leaf wrap jumpsuit £38 (approx. $460) Topshop and available in store in Central, and French Connection cosmic sparkle jumpsuit $2727 from ASOS
And if you’re not brave enough to deck yourself out in an all-in-one number, then it has to be a party dress. Instant Goddess is loving the ASOS BLACK range… think ASOS but far more upscale and they do love a bit of evening embellishment and we know how much the Instant Goddess loves a bit of embellishment! Can you guess which one made it into the Instant Goddess shopping trolley?!
If you like to try before you buy, and you’re looking for a party dress option then make a visit to Phase 8’s newly opened shop in the IFC. Previously, Phase 8 was only available by mail order via the likes of House of Fraser for us Hong Kongers, so it’s great to see another high street name reclaiming some of the expensive shop space in the IFC. BUT and here comes the big BUT, once again, as with the majority of other big high street names that come and go in HK, Phase 8 have failed to keep the prices on a par with the UK. But if you’re in a fashion fix and are willing to stump up or just simply want to try, but then buy online Phase 8 is an option. To give you an idea of the price hike the dress below retails in-store at $2750 but is available online for $2050 from House of Fraser.
Noleen Fringed Party Dress by Phase 8 $2750 or buy online from House of Fraser for $2050 (approx.)
Phase 8, shop 1098b, IFC, Central
Midweek Meal InspirationPhoto courtesy of http://www.cakenknife.com
By popular demand, I give you Baked Camembert with Apples and Cranberries, served with Toasted Baguette Slices. And I say by popular demand, as I threw a girls-only dinner party on Friday night and everyone asked for this recipe to be in this week’s Instant Goddess post…and as one of them put it…“this really is Christmas on a plate” … how fitting! Oh and special thanks to the Sis-in-Law in the UK who first introduced me to this crowd-pleaser when we were back there last month.
- 1 eating apple
- 15g/ ½ oz butter or margarine
- 25g/1 oz walnut halves
- 25g/1 oz dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 round (250g) Camembert cheese (I used President available in Wellcome)
- 1 French stick
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas 4. Core and wedge apple then coarsely chop apple wedges and walnuts.
- Melt butter in small saucepan add apple, walnuts, cranberries, soft brown sugar and cinnamon; mix gently. Remove from heat.
- Cut Camembert in half horizontally. Place one half of Camembert (rind side down) either place in wooden box that Camembert came in (but make sure any paper or cardboard has been removed!) or place in small shallow ovenproof dish (mini flan dish as shown or pie dish will do). Spoon half of apple mixture onto bottom half of Camembert, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Camembert, rind side up. Then spoon remaining apple mixture over the top. Place dish or box on baking sheet.
- Slice French Stick into 1cm slices. Arrange slices, slightly overlapping, around Camembert on baking sheet. Put oil in a bowl and crush garlic into it. Brush bread slices lightly with olive oil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (I actually think it could take 15 mins and will cook it for longer next time to get more goo!), or until baguette slices are crisp and golden on top and Camembert begins to soften. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yogi tea saying of the week: “Always be pure, simple and honest”.
Instant Goddess saying of the week: “Razzle, dazzle and goo!”.
Until next week Goddesses and remember you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS worth it XX